And another thing!!!

That I'm terrible at ... is going to the gym.

Honestly and truly, I really am the most inconsistent person about it. And not just the gym, but healthy eating too! I'm good for a couple of days, maybe even a week or so with eating salads and fruits, low carb and low caffiene and then ...

BAM!!!!

Off the wagon! So far off the wagon that I'm face down in the dirt, hands scrambling in the dry, brittle dirt beneath me as twin clouds of dust trail along behind the wagon full of happy and healthy people who make it to the gym at least 3 times a week. Meanwhile, there I am face down in the dirt, weeping at having falling off and wondering just how in the hell I'm going to get back on. Do I run after this one, or do I just sit there on the side of the road, stuffing my face with Reese Peanut Butter cups, peanut butter and jam sammichs and washing it all down with chocolate milk.

I did have a personal trainer at one point though - which was alright. I paid an exorbitant amount of money for a year's worth of training sessions. I did learn a few things, and my trainer really put me through some really tough work outs, and we met me about three times a week and I was feeling really good. I lost inches - which made me feel amazing, and I've managed to keep them off!! So now I'm trying to keep myself active and going to the gym, and eating healthy.

Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.

So, one of the trainers who works at the GoodLife here in town popped in to where I work today. She's so awesome. She's tiny and petite and cute and fierce. She's a personal trainer, and she's training for a fitness show in 17 days! So, I gave her my number and I told her to text me and bully me in to going to the gym. She agreed with delight. I'm such a carb junkie! I could eat chips, rice, cookies, cake and bread and cheese until the cows come home! So, if I can conquer my own food cravings (is anybody handing out insane amounts of willpower, please feel free to send some my way) and get my ass to the gym on a regular basis I should be okay.

I hope.

I just find it so hard to stay motivated. Especially when my partner can just plunk his cute little butt down on the couch and drink a litre of lemonade, eat two chicken burgers plus an extra patty and then dive in to a bag of mini peanut butter cups ... and.not.gain.weight!! Of course, I guess it helps he goes to the gym like four times a week.

*flails and stomps*

Why is it so easy for him?!?!?!?!???

Comments

Popular Posts